A RAMBLE TO CHURCH CHARWELTON AND BACK
This is a pleasant circular walk of about one and a half hours but watch out for the stiles as some of them are high. The interesting remains of the Medieval Village can be seen as well as the church.
2. Go on in the same direction across the field, keeping the hedge on your right. Through a gate and across the clearly marked path over the field. Head for a bridge over the dismantled Great Central Railway and cross it.
3. The path continues on and you cross the infant River Cherwell.
4. So far you have been on the long distance path known as the Jurassic Way. Keep the hedge to your right and follow it until you come to an opening on the right.
5. Here the path turns right through the farmyard. Continue through another gate and straight on, keeping the hedge on your left. At the end of the field go into the next one and immediately turn right.
6. Keep the hedge on your right. The path goes down to the Cherwell again.
7. Straight ahead over the next field and over a rather high stile. The path is clearly marked across the field, keeping the hedge on your left. Then left through a gate and over to your right in the next field. Across two more stiles, another field and the path heads down to the corner of the SARA playing fields.
8. Then straight down to the Byfield Road again.