In the interests of ensuring clear understanding of the role of our Police Community Support Officer (PCSO), the powers available to PCSO’s in the Northamptonshire Constabulary are:-
- To issue fixed penalty notices for obstruction (not for parking offences).
- To issue penalty notices for disorder.
- To seize drugs alcohol and tobacco.
- To deal with multiple anti-social behaviours.
- To arrange removal of abandoned vehicles*.
- To issue Community Protection Notices.
- To enforce bylaws.
* This is done using ELVIS (End of Life Vehicle Impound Scheme). The scheme is also available to any resident via Daventry District Council’s web site.