Rules Updated November 30th
The rules for wearing masks in England have been updated in order to reduce the risk of spreading the Omicron variant.
Latest information is published on the Government’s web site but this is the advice as it stands on 30th November 2021. These details are taken from this page on Gov.uk.
Please observe these rules in the local shops and businesses to help make sure they stay open for everybody.
The public and staff in public facing areas will be required to wear face coverings in these settings from 4am on 30 November 2021:
- shops and supermarkets (places that offer goods or services for retail sale or hire)
shopping centres (malls and indoor markets)
- auction houses
- post offices, banks, building societies, credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs and money service businesses
- estate and letting agents
- premises providing personal care and beauty treatments (barbers, hair salons, tattoo and piercing studios, nail salons, massage centres)
- premises providing veterinary services
- retail galleries
- retail travel agents
- takeaways without space for consumption of food or drink on premises
- public transport (aeroplanes, trains, trams and buses), taxis and private hire vehicles
- any car, van or HGV, during a professional driving lesson, a formal driving test, or during one of the practical tests for giving driving instruction.