In October 2019, the Parish Council published its first five year strategy document, highlighting the issues that it felt should be the focus for the next few years. The strategy helps guide decisions on spending and priorities for the services that the council delivers.
Recently the Council has been reviewing the strategy and concluded that the overall direction is still the right one and that the strategy doesn’t need to be updated.
The areas of progress, the Council considers, are:-
- Improvements in the Village Centre & progress with the Community Hub that incorporates the Council’s Library and the café
- Development of pathways in the Woodland and a community supported sensory garden together with other continuous management & developments
- Obtaining external funds for the construction of the Wetland Top Walk pathway to create, among other things, a safer route to school (due to complete September 2021)
- Completion of the Street Lighting replacement programme which now supplies modern, low maintenance lighting at a much reduced cost
- Improvements to the Ryfields play area (due June 2021)
- Clearance of the River Cherwell culvert beneath the Woodland utilising grant funds from the now defunct Northamptonshire County Council
- Developing the community led litter picking scheme to encourage families to participate
The Council is always pleased to receive suggestions or comments on the strategy. You can comment by contacting any Parish Councillor or emailing the Parish Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org