Each year Parish Councils like Woodford cum Membris have to prepare an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) which is reviewed by an external auditor. Your Council spent over £240,000 in 2020-21 and manages over £3.9 million in community assets (such as the Woodland, the Village Centre and the Memorial Hall). Although each month’s Parish Council expenditure statement (included in the Minutes of Council Meetings) let you see how your local taxes are spent in the village, these accounts summarise the picture and provide details such as loan repayments and the balance of assets held.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
You can view the annual statement here:-20210614 wcmpc a-c 31 march 2021
Or you can download the 2020-2021 Annual Return here. Once the accounts have been audited, the details will also be posted.
What The AGAR Includes
This document makes available:-
- The notice of Public Rights and publication of unaudited accountability and governance return for the year ended 31st March 2021.
- A summary of your rights in respect of the accounts of the Parish Council.
- Section 1, the annual Governance Statement.
- Section 2, the Accounting Statement for 2020-21
- The Parish Council’s balance sheet, notes to the accounts and a summary of the principal assets held by the Council, together with a summary of income and expenditure for the year.
If You Wish To View The Original Documents
For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to Gary Smith, Parish Clerk, The Retreat, High Street, Woodford Halse, NN11 3RQ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org from Monday 15th June until Friday 23rd July 2021.