Daventry Leisure Centre Lateral Flow Testing
A new lateral flow device testing centre has opened at Daventry Leisure Centre to add to existing test facilities in Northampton, Corby, Wellingborough and Brackley. It provides a local testing venue for those in Daventry and the surrounding areas.
Lateral Flow Device testing is otherwise known as rapid testing and is used in people who do not have symptoms of Covid-19. The aim is to identify the one in three people who may be infectious without being aware, in order to reduce spread of the virus. Rapid testing enables swift action to be taken to protect colleagues and family members of those who test positive with COVID-19 and to reduce any onward risk of transmission.
Booking a Test
The new site is open Tuesday to Saturday from 9.30am to 12pm and 1pm to 6.30pm, providing a wide variety of testing slots. Each test involves a swab of the mouth and nose and provides a result within 30 minutes.
Testing slots must be booked online in advance
You can book a testing slot here
Priority is given to workers in the following sectors:
- Health or social care
- Education or childcare (if not receiving regular rapid tests via the workplace)
- Essential shop, supermarkets or financial services
- Food production or processing
- Warehousing, packing or distribution
- Essential public sector services including waste, bin collections, security etc
- Construction, utilities or communications
- Agency workers.