Possible Disruption During Works
Anglian Water advise that they will be carrying out flushing of the water mains serving Woodford Halse during the 9th to the 15th of March.
You can find more details here.
Precautions You Should Take
- Your water supply may be interrupted for short periods of time or you may have lower water pressure. Have some water set aside in a container so you can still wash your hands and have a drink if needed while the work is underway.
- You may be affected on more than one occasion or when flushing takes place in neighbouring areas.
- While work is being carried out please do not use any hot water from your taps, in your washing machines,dishwaters or similar appliances, as this may cause a problem with your hot water system.
- If you have a water softener, you should isolate it using the bypass pipe until the work is completed
- Once the work is complete and your water supply is fully restored, you may notice a slight discolouration in the water.This is quite common after work like this and nothing to worry about –just run the tap for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
- Don’t fill or change the water in fishponds or tanks for 48 hours
Full Schedule of Work
A letter from Anglian water is being sent to all affected households. A copy appears below and has a schedule on the second page showing which streets in Woodford Hinton and Farndon are affected when…..img001