New Restrictions For Northamptonshire
The Government has advised that Northamptonshire will be in Tier 3 “Very High Alert” Covid Restrictions from Boxing Day (December 26th 2020) onwards.
Details of the restrctions for Tier 3 can be found here on the .gov.uk web site.
You should also be aware that Oxfordshire (including Banbury) is now a Tier 4 area. The following guidance (copied from the .gov.uk web site) applies to travel to a Tier 4 area from a Tier 3 area:-
Travelling to a Tier 4 area from a Tier 1, 2 or 3 area
You should not travel into a Tier 4 area from another part of the UK, other than for reasons such as:
- travel to work where you cannot work from home
- travel to education and for caring responsibilities
- to visit (including staying overnight with) those in your support bubble – or your childcare bubble for childcare
- to attend hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
You should continue to practice safe behaviours on public transport:
- plan ahead, check for disruption before you leave, and avoid the busiest routes, as well as busy times
- avoid making unnecessary stops during your journey
- avoid sharing a car with people not in your household
- keep your distance from other people when you travel, where possible
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly
The full guidance for Tier 4 can be found here.