Clearance Work Begins Soon
HS2 is starting the early construction works for the 2.5km tunnel that the new railway twill use to pass Chipping Warden and Aston Le Walls.
- Setting up a works compound
- Localised clearance of vegetation
- Checking airfield is clear before removal of topsoil
- Removal of topsoil and storing it in earth bunds
- Drainage and creation of settlement ponds and access roads
- Excavation, movement and storage of earthworks
The works compound that will be used is part of the existing construction compound being used by Fusion for the roadworks around Chipping Warden.
Click on the map for a bigger view or download the details here: Chipping Warden Tunnel Works