An Update From Northants Together
Sadly, domestic abuse cases have seen a rise since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
Northants Together has compiled a list of key agencies and support groups should you need to pass this information on. Also available is this Domestic Abuse flyer.
Please see the link below to some useful resources from Women’s Aid:
Also, as of 30 April 2020, any woman who needs to travel to find refuge from domestic violence can do so for free on any UK train. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to access.
National support lines for victims of domestic abuse include:
- The National Domestic Abuse HelpLine on 0808 2000 247 (24 Hours a Day).
- Women’s Aid also offers victims a live web chat service.
- Male victims can call Respect – 0808 8010 327 (during their office hours)
- For LGBT victims, they can call the GALOP phone line on 0800 999 5428
Locally, the following sources of support are available:
- VOICE – Voice Northants – (currently providing telephone and video support due to the coronavirus situation) – 0300 303 1965
- You can also download the Voice Home Support Hub app: Voice Home Support Hub
- EVE – eveda.org.uk or call 01604 230311
- Northampton Domestic Abuse Service (NDAS) – www.ndas.co or call 0300 0120154
In addition, Boots shops are now dedicating space for victims to access support: