Parking Permits for Village Centre
Following the recent public consultation about the parking problems in the Village, the Parish Council is going to offer parking permits to local residents to enable them to park overnight in the Village Centre car park.
The Council needs to make sure that the parking is always available for hall users, so this will be for a trial period initially to see how it works.
Parking permits will be issued for residents to park from 8pm to 8am, Monday to Saturday, and all day on Sunday for private cars only.
The main conditions are:
- The permit will not guarantee a parking space – hall users will have priority. However, having monitored hall usage over the last few months we know that parking will normally be available from 8pm each evening. On those evenings when the hall is being used for an event parking may not be available until later in the evening. We will notify permit holders so that they can find alternative parking when we think that this may occur.
- As there are a limited number of parking spaces these will be made available to local residents who have no off-street parking. Residents of Station Road, Castle Road, Percy Road, Sidney Road, Cherwell Terrace and High Street (in this order) will initially be able to apply for a permit.
- If oversubscribed residents who work for emergency, health or social care services will be given priority.
- Other residents will be able to apply for a permit as spaces are available.
- Cars must be road legal. No vans, caravans or motorhomes will be allowed.
Permit holders must agree to move their vehicle when reasonably requested by an authorised member of the Parish Council.
- A payment (to cover administration costs, maintenance of the car park, lighting etc) of £10 per quarter will be charged.
If you would like more information, or if you would like to apply for a permit to park overnight in the Village Centre please contact the booking clerk (tel: 01327 204683) or email: email@example.com