Get to Meet The Folk With The Money
This free of charge event – Cash For Community Groups : Meet the Funders – is being hosted by East Northamptonshire Council and is open to groups from all parishes in Northamptonshire.
If you are interested in making a booking, please contact Su Davies, External Funding Manager at East Northamptonshire Council on 01832 742191, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash for Community Groups
Are you a local community group needing money for a project which will help people in your area – setting up a new club; extending existing services; improving a local feature such as a village pond or play area; improving facilities at your local community centre or village hall, for example?
Well look no further! Despite the economic climate, funds are still available from a variety of sources for groups requiring £50, £500, £5,000 or even £50,000+.
East Northamptonshire Council is holding a FREE “Meet the Funders” event, open to all, where visitors can find out what sorts of funding streams are available to community groups and speak directly to the funders. This will take place at the Council Offices, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ on Thursday 5 March 2015, from 12 noon to 3.30 pm.
Su Davies, External Funding Manager at East Northamptonshire Council, will be present on the day to guide visitors to funders who can help their projects. The event will give community groups the chance to speak directly to funders, outline their projects and find out immediately whether they’d be eligible for funding support.
Funders attending the event will include:
- The Big (Community) Lottery
- The Heritage Lottery
- Comic Relief
- BBC Children in Need
- The Lloyds Bank Foundation
- The Northamptonshire Community Foundation
- The Central England Co-op Community Fund
- Spire Homes Community Fund
- The Mick George Community Fund
- East Northamptonshire Council’s own grants
- ProHelp, which gives professional help for free
- The Charity Bank, which can offer low interest loans
- Utility Warehouse, which can help your money go further
- Northamptonshire ACRE, which offers support to rural communities across the county
- Nene Valley Community Action and Volunteer Impact Northamptonshire, local voluntary sector support bodies who can offer training and advice.
Leaflets and information on a range of other funders will also be available. If you are a not-for-profit body with a constitution and a bank account, you have a good chance of finding a funder who could help you!
To find out more about the day, please contact Su Davies, External Funding Manager at East Northamptonshire Council on 01832 742191, email email@example.com. Or just come along!