Don’t Get Caught Out
Carl Barton, our PCSO, has passed on the following helpful advice…..
The village has recently suffered from two incidents of people targeting elderly residents to have their driveways blocked paved, asking for money up front then not doing a very good job.
HERE’S HOW TO HELP PREVENT YOURSELF FROM BEING A VICTIM OF A SCAM:
- NEVER give out contact details like your name, phone number or address to strangers or to people who should have this information already.
- Never give financial information or details of your identity, bank accounts or credit card to strangers or to businesses that should already have your details.
- Shred anything with your personal or bank details on – don’t just throw it away.
- If in doubt, don’t reply. Bin it, delete it or hang up.
- Ignore persuasive sales patter. Just say:” No Thank You”.
- If you are not sure, don’t open the door.
- Take your time – resist pressure to make a decision straight away.
- Never send money to someone you don’t know.
- Walk away from job adverts that ask for money in advance.
- Ask friends, neighbours or family about whether an offer is likely to be a scam.
| PCSO 7005 | Daventry Rural Safer Community Team | Northamptonshire Police
Telephone: 101 : mobex 778004 : Mobile 07557778004