Annual Show Attracts 150 Entries!
Woodford Halse Garden Club has been running an annual show for plants, craft and cooking for 15 years. This year’s event, on Monday, attracted 150 entries for 36 competitors. With judging by all those that attended, a great evening was had in the Memorial Hall tasting the cooking entries and debating the merits of the photography, craft, flowers and garden produce.
Janet Cheshire of Village Meats kindly presented the awards. The winners were:-
- Class 1. The Roberts’ Cup for Vegetables: Chris Searle.
- Class 2. The Marriott and Son Trophy for fruit: Brenda Hewison.
- Class 3.The Fleur Award for Flowers: Sue Back.
- Class 4. The Garden Club Peace Bowl: Kim Robinson.
- Class 5. The Sue Russell Trophy for Arrangements: Kim Robinson.
- Class 6. The Baldwin Cup for Preserves: Susan Jackson.
- Class 7. The Top to Toe Challenge Cup for Baking: Gill Pitt.
- Class 8.The Oakley Mill Award for Crafts: Jill Holbrook.
- Class 9. The Green Interiors’ Award for Photography: Chris Searle.
- The Most Prestigious Award: The Julie Manton Cup for Classes 1-5: Sue Back.
- Able J Vase for Runner Up: Kim Robinson.
Thanks to all who exhibited and came to support this event.
Watch our events page for details of more Garden Club events or to find out more about the Garden Club contact Rita Walden, phone: 01327 264149.