Winter News from the County Council.
Here’s some winter news from Northants County Council with details of:-
- the Wrapped Up Campaign to help those not coping with the winter
- Adult Learning courses for Winter & Spring
- a reminder about Street Doctor
Worried someone you know isn’t coping with the cold this winter? Help is available.
Organisations across the county have teamed up to provide help and support to vulnerable households that might be struggling to keep warm enough this winter.
Please check up on friends, relatives and neighbours – particularly the elderly or those with long-term health conditions – to make sure they’re warm and well.
If you’re worried about someone you know, please give us a call on 0845 677 2220 and we’ll discuss how we can best help them.
The Adult Learning spring brochure is out now and it’s packed with lots of new and interesting courses
You can now book your Adult Learning course online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s really easy; once you’ve chosen your course, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Adult Learning website www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/spring2014
- Click on ‘Search, book and pay for Adult Learning courses’
- Fill in the criteria boxes to find courses that will be of interest to you
- Click on ‘course titles’ to view course information
- Click on ‘Add to basket’
- Complete personal details form
- Click on ‘Make payment’
You will receive an email confirmation of your booking within 2 days, which will be followed by a course information pack by post.
If you don’t have access to the internet you can go along to your local library and they will help you enroll. Alternatively, you can call 0300 126 1000 (number charged at local rate) between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday to enroll.